Jul 23, 2012

AWOL

Apologies for the complete lack of posts. My son is four weeks old today, and I'm just starting to crawl out of the cave I've been living in.

(If only there were such a cave you could hide in with a newborn. It sounds kind of pleasant and low-stress. And cool. Did I mention it's damn hot around here lately?)

New motherhood is definitely easier the second time around, and this week I've even started a brand-spanking-new writing project. I'm not exactly well rested in the physical sense, but I'm emotionally refreshed, in the sense that I've got a whole new jumble of ideas floating around. We'll see if anything decent comes of it, but for the moment, things are looking pretty darn OK.

We'll see how pretty darn OK I feel tonight at 4am, but I'm sticking with it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment