Oct 20, 2011

Getting old

You know what sucks? Nursing homes. I have two grandmothers in them right now, and I really can't think of a more depressing place. It bums me out that the last few years of their lives have to be spent in such places. But unfortunately, they both need a ton of medical care, so that's the way it has to be.

I wish there could be more fun options for old people. I wish they could spend their last moments on earth having a blast. I wish nursing homes were happier places. I wish they had some kind of Make a Wish program for senior citizens. Like they'd get to write in the one thing they always wished they could have done, and presto! Somebody makes it happen.

In a way, I guess it makes sense that life winds down, and maybe this is all part of the process of getting ready to let go. But it makes me think I'd better get out there and go places and do things and have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment